I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

24 May 2011

Pondering Brown

No, not the famous International shipping company. The color. I'm sitting here on a cool, rainy morning, drinking my cinnamon/caramel coffee, munching on toast and strawberries dipped in

I realize that I'm surrounded by the color. Khaki t-shirt, sand colored walls and carpet (which I'm NOT crazy about - it's really more baby poo colored than sand - bleh!), and wood furnishings. Most people turn their noses up at brown. Brown instantly conjures images of mud....dirt....makes you think you have to clean & not many enjoy that particular task. Not me. I actually LIKE brown. Brown can be:

RICH


SOOTHING

COMFORTING

WELCOMING

DEEP & DECADENT

LIFE

CHOCOLATE (everyone's fave - it's definitely mine!)

Brown in decorating can actually be INTERESTING if you use it properly

INVITING

COMFORTABLE
Brown is a great NEUTRAL for decorating

TASTY

Brown can actually be an IMPROVEMENT!

So next time, if you're one of those people that turn your nose up at "brown," reconsider. You might be happy with the color. Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

No comments:

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors