I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

11 July 2009

Made a couple of cards last night...

Sorry I've been away from the blog for a couple of days. *sigh* Tummy issues, again! I can't tell you how much I'd LOVE to find something that I can eat with some sort of CONSISTENCY. grrr! I've had no issues with chicken until this week. Not sure if it's because there's some added stress right now, or this sudden onset of high temps we're now having, or what, but a single breaded chicken patty (baked NOT fried) put me down for almost 2 days!

I finally felt human enough late last night to put together some cards. I've been itching to put this one out since my stamps arrived Thursday afternoon. I've been doing "cutesy" cards that I can color lately. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing them, but I wanted to show you the "artsy" & "elegant" side of The Angel Company. I did this card on a black pre-made base with Galaxy Gold Brilliance Ink from Tsukineko. I used my classic oval Nesties and punched out some black cardstock & a gorgeous goldish tan for some layering. The pine branches and phrase are from a set called "Good Timber" & there are two more stamps in this set that I can't wait to show you tomorrow!
A close-up of the quote from JW Marriott...
And the full effect of the card. It's so much prettier in real life!! When Chris came in last night and saw it, I actually got a REAL compliment! Not the usual, off-hand, "That's nice Honey, but everything you do is nice" (this is all said as he NEVER looks at the project but stares intently at the knives listed on eBay). *ROFL*

This card was made for a birthday party that he's attending this evening. I wasn't sure what her interests are, so I took the retired set, "Oh How" along with two colors of ink (a sky blue, and a medium teal) and layered the stamps. Simple and fast - my favorite combination!
The simple sentiment inside is from the set, "Ordinary Greetings."
Well, that's it for me. Chris is getting ready to leave for the evening and that puts me in charge of these wild hooligans! *LOL* Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, Nora! The first one is definitely elegant! And the second is so cute and whimsical... love 'em!

BlueRose said...

Yup, girl I have to agree with Barb very nicely done....

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors