I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

14 February 2010

K.I.S.S.

I can hear some of you now..."this isn't SIMPLE!" Actually, yes, it is & it only took about 30 minutes to put together. I'll walk you through the steps...
(1) pre-made 5x7 black card base; (2) a/c foil tape (LOVE this stuff!!) - cut out {14} 1" squares with either your Nesties or a punch (I used my Nesties this go round); (3) emboss foil squares with Textile Texture Cuttlebug folder (or whatever you'd prefer); (4) peel off backing and place as evenly as possible around perimeter of the card; (5) take piece of black cardstock (about 3 1/2" square) & emboss in Cuttlebug with Impressabilities "flourish" (or a Cuttlebug folder of your choice); (6) mount square to center of card with foam tape; (7) take 1 1/2" square punch or Nestie & cut out piece of watercolor paper; (8) stamp image in navy ink (stamp used TAC's "watercolor plants"); (9) mount watercolor paper onto some powder blue cardstock & cut about 1/4" around the square; (10) mount onto black cardstock slightly off-center (toward the top) with pop dots; (11) emboss small strip of black cardstock with Cuttlebug border folder; (12) mount onto powder blue cardstock & cut 1/4" around to make matting; (13) using glue pen lightly go over letters & swirl of the embossing & cover with sterling MS glitter, let dry; (14) dust off excess glitter & center-mount to the bottom portion of the black embossed square.
Okay, so it's more than 4 steps, but it IS simple to do and the effect...well, just look at all of the TEXTURE (below).

I really like how it turned out & I hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by & have a fantastic evening! I'm off to fix myself some supper then polish up the last bits of this tutorial for you.

No comments:

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors