I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

18 April 2010

K.I.S.S.

Here's tonight's K.I.S.S. and I did it using 100% TAC products. {Hooray, ME! *LOL*} I also want to challenge you to think outside the box...my blogging friend Vicki (aka BasementStamper) was really good at making me look at things in a different way...I'm hoping that I picked up a little sumthin from her! {miss ya, GF!}

My outside-the-box trick tonight is {drumroll} ~~ using the "preview papers" from the TAC packages. Hey! Did someone just yawn?!? I know it might not be a big thing to some of you, but this can be a really nice way to creatively use something that most folks would just toss into the rubbish bin. I took my oval punch to the preview page...


{NOTE: Kamalaht SWIC paper collection is available in my online store ONLY & is limited to stock on hand}
See? Right here...I like this warm gold color. I also really like how this paper collection already has a vintage/grungy feel to it. If you needed a larger piece, but didn't want to cut up the actual sheet yet, you could always cut out the entire square and stamp onto it.
I used the sentiment & oak tree from "Good Timber" stamped in "noir" Palette ink.

The tag & letter stickers are all from the Kamalaht paper pack. The twill can be found here.
And there you have a simple, masculine card that will work for Father's Day or a birthday. I think I'll enter this card over at Frosted Designs Challenge since they're doing trees for the current theme.

Oh! Be sure to check out my "Blog Candy Alerts" page for some yummy offerings.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!


2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very nice Nora, and a great recycling tip!

Barb Craft said...

Nora.. love your very masculine card... and I love even more that you used "earth friendly" techniques with it!! Great recycling idea! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!
Barb :)

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors