I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

25 April 2010

K.I.S.S.

Having a great weekend? Yesterday was a busy day...had a friend come over with his tiller/aerator & help with some trouble spots in the backyard, supervised the boys weeding my front flower beds, laundry...typical crazy Saturday. I've been kinda lazy today...blog surfing & looking at furniture re-dos, recycling & up-cycling, vintage thrifting, and just sitting, listening to the birds outside & coloring digital images for later projects. I did make a card for you using the items pictured here:

The paper (TAC's Rustic Chic) was more of an inspiration than an actual part of the project. I love the colors in it & the grungy feel, but wanted something a little bit softer....more shabby chic. I used my "flourish" Impressability, some white card stock, pink & blue Dew Drops by Tsukeniko & stenciled them onto the card base. Then I rounded the corners & grunged up the card using wheat, sahara sand, jumbo java, & rich cocoa Dew Drops. While those dried, I took one of MS's little round tags (they remind me of doilies!) and colored it with the pink Dew Drop completely, then did the edges lightly with jumbo java.

I stamped the sentiment from "Ordinary Greetings" in two parts with rich cocoa, and....DONE! Quick, easy, grungy, shabby and oh, so pretty! I love it!

A bit of sad news...over the next day or so, I'll be removing the link to my online store with The Angel Company (the shopping cart in the upper left sidebar). I'll still have my wings & will happily take your orders via e-mail, but can't afford right now to extend my store for another year...the economy just won't let me. Hopefully, things will improve to a point that I can reopen it...I just pray that it's sooner than later!

A bit of good news ~~ it's time for the Final Farewells at The Angel Company. From now till June 25th, we are retiring 75 sets, ALL of the purchase-with-purchase sets, AND the hostess sets from the 09-10 Big Book so we can make room for all of the UBER~YUMMY new goodies coming the first of July. I've seen some peeky-poos & CANNOT WAIT to share them with y'all...I'm pretty sure you'll love 'em! You can place your orders online through my store while it's still running, or you can e-mail me (you can qualify for free and 1/2 price items via e-mail).

Off to color some more...thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very lovely card Nora!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Pretty, pretty, Sis! I love that Nestie Impressabilities too! Just HAVE to get that one....LOL. You're such an enabler! LOL
Luv ya anyway Toots ~
Sharron ♥

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Stunning card Nora! I've only used my Butterfly Impressability once - but now I'll have to try stenciling with it too. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors