I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

15 October 2011

Saturday version of Frugal Friday

No pix to post on this one, but it's really too good to not share with y'all. Last night, after making a wrist corsage for Middle Child's girlfriend and their Homecoming Dance, I made my own make-up removing cloths...

I took:
a roll of paper towels cut in half
4 c of distilled water
3 Tbsp of coconut oil
the last of my Lauren Hutton facial cleanser
Then I followed the steps on THIS BLOG. The recipe is originally for making baby wipes, but these can go on baby's bum AND/OR your face...we all want something gentle on our skin that does the job that doesn't contain a ton of unnecessary chemicals.

I'm pleased to report that these really work! It even took off my Neutrogena waterproof mascara without making my eyes burn or giving me that 30 minute residual blurry vision that some wipes can give you. Here's a quick cost breakdown so you can see the savings:

Viva towels - $1.98
3pk of Rubbermaid tubs - $1.88
coconut oil - already had on hand, but approx 75¢
distilled water - already had on hand but approx 20¢
facial cleanser - already had on hand but approx 50¢
COST - $5.31

1 tub of 30 wipes - $7-12 depending on the brand & store
Now, because I ended up with two tubs, counting the sheets on your roll, you're making probably TRIPLE the amount of wipes....which means if you bought from the store, you'd spend $21-36 for what we just put together.

SAVINGS: $16-31!! Now, I don't know about you, but for ME, that's a good reason to dork dance! *LOL*

Ten hours after removing my makeup (aka this morning when I got up) my skin doesn't feel tight or oily or like I have any make-up residue left behind. Just smooth, fresh, happy skin. Next batch, I think I'm going to back down on the coconut oil (1Tbsp instead of 3) and toss in some organic aloe gel, Vitamin E oil, and grapeseed oil, since it's better for your face. I'm definitely keeping this one in my cleansing regimen!

I know, I know...where are the pix of the corsage?!? Tomorrow I'll share those...the dance is tonight. Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!!

No comments:

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors