I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

10 January 2009

My 5th award

I'm so ashamed! My friend Kristine gave me this award exactly one month ago today, and I've been so crazy with filling that huge sundae kit order, then busting out Christmas cards (made 116 of them in 4 days!), and my intermittent tummy health issues that I totally spaced passing it on to others. MIBAD!!

I don't have a project finished to share just yet (later tonight for sure) so for now, I'll do this.
I was supposed to share 7 things about me that were Christmas related, but that hardly seems appropriate now, so I think I'll just share 7 things in general about me:

1. By nature I'm a very organized person, but this last year I've been slipping with the help of DH & kiddos and home repair problems. I'm going to get that back. I NEED to get that back for my sanity's sake!! *LOL*
2. I have a deep appreciation for all forms of art, thanks to my 7th grade art teacher, Mrs. Joanne Sheridan. She introduced me to using soft pastels, oil pastels, watercolors, acrylics, charcoal. She gave me most of the basics that I use to this day when I pick up a pencil or brush. I loved her so much!
3. I'm a music nut - I'll listen to ANYTHING - rock, jazz, blues, bluegrass, country, reggae, classical, gospel, soul, pop, swing, big band, you name it.
4. Hubby and kids think I should be providing the family's living by singing - they think I'm good, I don't. Simple as that. DH says my mother telling me as a teenager to "Quit killing the cat!" didn't help me much in this area (we didn't HAVE a cat...).
5. I RARELY pay full price for anything, especially when it's related to my crafting. If I can't get it on a deep discount, clearance, or use oodles of coupons, it stays on the shelf at the store & I find something else to fit my needs.
6. In High School I wanted to write romance novels. My 10th grade English teacher was my biggest cheerleader at the time. One of my Aunts was a member of NORA (Northeastern Oklahoma wRiters Association) & was getting me in, in spite of my age (you were supposed to be 18 to join). I even had a book started - nearly 5 chapters - let a girl read the book & never saw it again. Never tried again after that, either.
7. I don't make goals. Goals are rarely achieved. I make commitments - if you're committed to something, you're in it till the very end. It's easier to stay focused that way, I think.

Now to pass this on:
1. Sharron
2. Andrea
3. Charlene
4. Dixie
5. Kathe
6. Jenn

'K! Now that's off the ole noggin, I can focus on getting my roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight & finish this project. Just a small hint - it's a tin...

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

4 comments:

BlueRose said...

thanks GF you know that your the best of the bestest!

Luv Ya Blue

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

aaaaaawwwwwww Thanks a bunch, Sis, for giving me my very first award! Means a lot to me......I'll cherish it & keep it polished up real purty like!

I also love your list of 7 things aboutcha! Guess that means I have to come up with 7 things now. Oh dear me.......LOL. Let me get my noggin outta the cobwebs.

Luv ya!

charlene said...

Oh thanks so much Nora ! With all that has been going on I have not been on my blog much lately either, thanks for the award it means alot to me ! Now to do some thinking of who to share with.
Big Hugs to ya
Love ya bunches

Andrea said...

Thanks gf! What a sweet thing to pass on to me. Hugs!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors