I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

04 January 2009

It's Holly's fault!!!

*ROFL* Okay, OKAY, it's really not, but I thought it would be nice to blame, uh, I mean, give CREDIT to Holly for inspiring this card. {hee, hee, hee} I left a comment on one of her posts the other day about Valentine's Day cards and how they didn't HAVE to be red and pink (thanks for agreeing with me, GF!), and well...this one just kinda happened. I had some ideas for a card for a "friend" for Valentine's Day & the last thing I wanted to do was red or pink. Well, keeping in mind what I'd said to Holly, THIS is what I ended up with:

I started with a birch color pre-made base; took some vintage-antique-grungy blue polka dotted paper from a pad I picked up at Hobby Lobby (the PaperStudio line) & stitched it down with my sewing machine; an unfinished chipboard swirly from K& Co covered in white pigment ink from a ColorBox cat's eye pad; a tag I cut out on my Cuttlebug (inked the edges with Copic Brick Beige); an antiqued copper brad that I found at JoAnn's to anchor the tag; a bit of narrow lace from The PaperStudio down the side; some plain antique copper brads to go in the center of the paper flowers from KAISER (colored with Copics to coordinate with the label); AND a small piece of peachy-pink-vintage-grungy paper from the same pad as the polka dot and on top of the pink, finished with another Melissa Frances vintage label.

So, whaddya think? I guess it really doesn't have to be for Valentine's Day, either, it could really be an all-occasion, but that's what it was made for. Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it! and I also agree that while red and pink are nice, they aren't the only colours for a valentine day card :)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

I love it too, Sis! You did a great job sewing on paper too! Your cards are just amazing........and boy are you fast! LOL While I sit & think it to death........you actually DO IT! Another great job!
Luv ya!

Hugz~Dixie said...

Wonderful "Valentines" card. I love the sewing too.

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors