I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

20 July 2011

Homemade Cologne Spray

I found this recipe in my bookmarks & had to try it. It's AH-mazing!

(this can work for men, too!)


4oz pump spray bottle

1/2 tsp witch hazel

essential oils of your choice (no more than 2-3)*

water


Remove the pump from the bottle. Pour in the witch hazel. Add 3-6 drops of each oil that you've chosen. Fill bottle with water & put pump back in. Lightly shake to mix oils, then spray & enjoy your CHEMICAL FREE cologne.


Keep at room temp or cooler - if you want to make a nice summer spritz to keep in the fridge for hot days, try wintergreen oil or some fresh crushed spearmint leaves in your bottle.


* For the batch I just made I used 3 drops of rose oil, 4 drops of lilac oil, & 3 drops of sandalwood oil - smells light, flowery & almost honey-like...LOVE IT! It almost reminds me of a perfume I used to wear called Ombre Rose.


I have more natural, inexpensive recipes to share with you, but I want to put them to the test before I put my stamp of approval on them. What do you think of me starting a Frugal Friday series for y'all?


Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what I was looking for, thanks

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors