I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

24 May 2009

Keepin It Simple Sunday

Hope your weekend is going well. I'm very glad that I got the flower beds tended yesterday, because today the weather has been windy, rainy, and we never saw a temp warmer than 55 degrees. Almost autumnal weather instead of spring-like. I'll take it over those 90s that we'll be seeing sometime in the next week or so...you'll hear no whimpers outta me!

I ended up vegging out in front of the telly last night with the boys. I was too pooped to do anything...I didn't even eat my supper! Today, in the midst of laundry and waiting for Chris to arrive from Southern California, I managed to turn out three cards. This first one is a masculine card that I intend to use for Father's Day.
Base is a 5x7 kraft pre-made; background paper is by DCWV; strip of scrap pale blue cardstock; Ship Collage from The Angel Company (#T-2027) stamped in Art Brown archival ink onto an ATC; antiqued with Distress Inks by Ranger in Old Photo, Tea Dye, & Frayed Burlap.

Can ya guess how much I love my lil cows from The Angel Company? They're just so stinkin cute!! I used a white 4.5x6.5 pre-made base for this one.The paper is a washed aqua from Makin Memories; 3 Prima flowers; 3 REAL Dew Drops (I actually found a bottle locally - God Bless Wade, The Craft Guy, at Ben Franklin in Kaysville, Utah...he always knows just what I need & when I need it!) colored with COPIC #BG72; ATC stamped with an image from An'udder Birthday? from The Angel Company (#T-2642) colored with pencils & odorless mineral spirits; all corners rounded with punch from EK Success.

This one was snagged by Cordell. I get tickled at some of the ones that he begs me for! I'm guessing that this one will end up with his latest girlfriend. Another 4.5x6.5 pre-made base; paper from Provo Craft; cotton lace from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby; rhinestone brads; Prima flower with rhinestone center; LOVE stamp from Lil See Ds, stamped with SU Whisper White craft ink.

Now I'm off to figure out what I can eat for dinner. Between the physical work yesterday, the mental work of keeping up with 3 boys by myself for the last two days, the stress of worrying about Chris's safety while he's out riding on a holiday weekend (he's been home now about 30 minutes & the weather beat him up all the way in)...let's just say that food is not only un-appealing, but just not treating my cranky pancreas too well. I'll probably end up with a nice, hot bowl of McCann's Irish Oatmeal, some hot tea, and call it a night.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

2 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love your "manly" ship card, Sis! Looks great! Your cow card is adorable! Gotta love those cows! And your "love" card is so sweet. Cracked me up that Cordell snagged it for his GF. LOL Tooo cute!
btw......Glad that Chris made it home safely.

Luv ya oodles ~

Andrea said...

Ooooh I love the cows! Great stuff gf. You've been busy!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors