I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

27 September 2009

KISS & a couple of challenges

Sorry friends! If Indianapolis hadn't started playing football so darned well in the last half hour, I would have posted this sooner! *LOL* It's halftime right now, so I'm gonna do this, then go scream at Peyton Manning to THROW the ball & keep it off the ground (they are NOT having a good running game against Arizona)! *ROFL* Today, I have your K.I.S.S. card and two challenges.

First, your KISS card - I've taken a pre-made A2 card base, some fabric tape and a sticker from Michael's dollar bins. The result...simple, clean, and pretty for any occasion.


I'm a day late getting this one done, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. It's from the CPS Challenge Blog (#134) & the layout was supposed to look like this:Actually, this could have qualified for KISS...IF I hadn't used a Tilda colored with COPIC markers & OMS/colored pencils. *LOL* I'm in Halloween mode & I can't decorate, since we'll be moving soon (fingers crossed), so I'm putting it all into my cards. Here's what I ended up with:

The paper is DCWV's "Autumn Mat Stack", some Prima flowers in lilac & orange, a couple of orange brads, & this precious little Tilda (thanks Vicki!).
Isn't she darling?!? One of these days, when I have money to spend on something besides necessities again, I'm buying some Tildas!

This last challenge is for a new Yahoo! group that I joined this last week, called Hearts in Touch (hi ladies!). They are such a sweet & welcoming group of gals that when Dee issued the challenge, I just could NOT refuse. I used a really cool stamp that Vicki from Stamped Smiles sent to me a couple of months ago (waving at ya, GF!!). I took a 5x7 black pre-made base, some K&Co double-sided papers, this stamp (I call him "Happy Jack"), some chipboard photo corners colored with 100 Black COPIC marker & some Studio G inks (2 shades of orange, a touch of plum, & burgundy-brown). I think he turned out pretty cool.

I'm hoping to be able to share more with you tomorrow, like an entry for COPIC Colour Challenge, but don't hold it against me if you don't see me for a day or two - the boys have a short week of school & I'll be doing my usual - cramming in all of my errands before Thursday & Friday arrive. Be sure to check out my shopping links (right sidebar) & hop over to Hearts in Touch - Frances has some really neat stamps that you might enjoy adding to your collection.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Nora!! :) Yeah!! So glad to see you using the images!! I think Tilda is the sweetest...can you believe I've got more coming soon?!! TEE!! Also, love the Kiss card...I guess I call them CAS cards...both mean the same anyway! :) I love it!! The take on the sketch for both are so fabulous and I love the colors!! Thanks for sharing with us today Nora!!

I hope you have a lovely birthday planned my dear!! BIG HUGS

Willnnabel said...

Nore,

You are just too sweet. While you did not win my giveaway I want to reward your effort, and after all who says stalking doesn't pay right? So send me you addy and I will wisk off a little Somthin-somthin to you! Thanks (ps love the blog, I'll be back)

Hugz~Dixie said...

How nice of Debra. Love the cards. They turned out great.

Deb M. said...

Hi there Nora...

Lots of cute things on your blog since I've been MIA. Love all the things you've been creating. Will have to catch up soon. Hope all is well....huggers!!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors