I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

04 October 2010

Today I'm pondering....(heavy on pix)

Ruffles! I grew away from them for a while, hating the dust they caught, but I find myself inexplicably drawn to them again. I can't explain it. There's just SOMETHING about them...
From ruffled hems ....
To singular ruffled highlights...

A clean ruffled edge...
BABY slips & dresses (OUCH! I think my uterus just twitched)
Even God likes ruffles!

Ruffles on ladies clothes (they're not just for Sunday school dresses any more!)
Lampshades....
Different TEXTURES....
Magnolia Pearl's rumpled ruffles (SWOON!)
Sloppy ruffles....
Asymmetrical ruffles...in jersey knit even!
Ruffles in burlap
Tied up in the back like an old corset....*sigh*

Ruffles in your bathroom
Ruffles mixed with embroidery, smocked empire waistlines, and pintucks (can it get any cooler?!?)

Even us chunky girls can get in on the ruffle action now without it making us look like parade floats!


Man, He's got ruffles down pat!

Can't get enough ruffles!
From simple, to shabby, to classy....

Ruffles are EVERYWHERE!
In colors.....
In crisp, clean, refreshing WHITE....

*sigh*

Ruffles and balloon flounces...makes a girl giddy!

Dressing up your table...
Inviting you to slouch....
And relax.

Ruffles are definitely in designers minds' right now. Why am I thinking about them, you ask? Well, I still have to do that funky little window on the south wall of my bedroom. I wanted to do ruffles, but the more I look at them, the more I'm thinking...."pretty, and I love them, but if I want that curtain to OPEN more than halfway, it's gonna be bulky."

So I spent most of yesterday surfing the net, pondering solutions to my small dilemma and I'm still doing ruffles, they're just gonna be low-key on the smaller window. My solution involves....well....I'll give you a HINT (scroll down).

Can you guess? Hopefully, since it's supposed to rain all this week, I won't have a lot of running to do and the men in my house will give me some time to myself to drag out my sewing machine. Then I can SHOW you my solution! Till then, I'll just leave ya guessing! *LOL*

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

Picture credits: Magnolia Pearl, Google images (search: ruffles), Ruche clothing online

2 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love all those girlie ruffles, Sis!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Luv ya!

Melissa said...

A beautiful tour of ruffles - makes me want to make a ruffled petticoat.

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors