I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

15 August 2008

altered file folder

I haven't made my box/bag like I wanted to (MIBAD!), but I'm setting aside some time this weekend to do it (HONEST!). I did manage to get in some crafting time, though, and altered a manilla file folder. I've been wanting to do this since PCCrafter hosted a Challenge back in February. Well, here are the results of my first attempt:
File folder closed (first finished look)
I decided that I didn't like all the "froufrou" on the binder clip, punched a hole in the back "cover" using a Stampin Up! slot punch & ran the ribbon through it instead.
Back side of album when opened.
Inside the album/folder (before the tags).

Inside of folder WITH the finished tags.

The tags - there's one for each "pocket" in the folder.

2 of the tags

The last 2 tags.

I used a pink pastel manilla folder & followed the directions from TayloredExpressions (http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html) - it was a LOT easier than I thought it was going to be. If you didn't have to stop for feeding kids, answering phones/doors, & doing laundry, then you could easily do one of these in a day. Think of the possiblites - photo albums, greeting cards, thank you gifts...the list goes on and on!

For this one I used more of my "bits n pieces" stash - leftover bits of lace; some cute K&Co stickers; vellum stickers; Ranger's Stickles in "frosted lace"; linen thread, antique buttons (thank you, Sharron!); a swirl paper clip; rub-ons from Making Memories; scrapbooking papers from ATD off of their "vibrant" paper pad (got a HUGE pad of 200 sheets for less than $10 at my local Wal-Mart); some stickers that I cut & embossed on my Cuttlebug; an ordinary binder clip that I covered in a 1 1/4" x 2" scrap of coordinating paper; Stampin Up!s retired inks in "soft sky" & "purely pomegranate"; one of SU's constants, "ballet blue"; & finally, some Ranger Distress Inks in "mulled lavendar" & "tattered rose."

I really like the way it turned out & I'm already looking at future ones - Halloween, maybe a "thankful" folder for Thanksgiving, one for Christmas memories, and one for the family to put New Year's resolutions in.

Thanks for looking & have a great rest of your day!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great folder! I love the colours you used - and the tags are perfect! Well done gf.

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors