I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

11 August 2008

As promised...pumpkin pie with gingersnap crust!

This is one of the yummiest pies I've ever whipped up & is right up there in my top 5. I got this from my Health Insurance provider's monthly mailing, if you can believe that.

PUMPKIN PIE WITH GINGERSNAP CRUST

Crust Ingredients
16 reduced fat gingersnap cookies
1 Tbsp light stick margarine, melted

Filling Ingredients
1 quart vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, softened
1/2 15oz can solid pack pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Process cookies in blender to fine crumbs. Slowly add margarine, processing (or blending) until well combined. Press mixture into 9 inch pie pan.
2. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until well combined. Spoon into cooled pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap & freeze for 4 hours or until firm.

Per Serving:
Calories - 136
Protein - 5g
Carbohydrates - 26g
Fiber - 1g
Total Fat - 2g
Saturated - 1g
Polyunsaturated - 0g
Monounsaturated - 1g
Cholesterol - 1mg
Sodium - 133mg

I can post more of my "top 5" as the week progresses. OH! Before I forget...Andrea -- in answer to your question -- my clothes are shrinking again!! (LOL) I was working on the Big Blocks most of last week. I really need to find an alternative to my choccies for stress days (gasp! Did I just say that aloud?!?) Now I need to jump on my AbLounger before I REALLY start paying the price!

Have a great rest of your day!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Shrinking clothes, eh? I know that common problem happens to a lot of us. I think it must be the heat and humidity in the summertime... happens to me when I try to rescue all the chocolates in my house from melting in the sunshine and heat from the warm days LOL

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors