I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

11 October 2008

Been away too long

But I wanted to give the Fall Splendor blog party as much time at the top of my blog as I possibly could. Aren't those ladies are AMAZING?!? By the way, the woman behind the idea for this major collaboration is celebrating a birthday today ~~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTINE!!! Hope you have a fantastic day, Sweetie!!

Be sure to stop by her blog & wish her all the best. She and some of the Double Ds have made a really sweet kit in honor of the Wench's special day, called Mellow Twang - there are links to the other blogs from her site. Have fun - it's a pretty set, too!

I spent the last 2 weeks just going crazy ~~ we had DH's son from a previous marriage up from Texas for a visit at the first of this month for a few days. It was great to see him, because he's turning out to be such a fine young man, but the time was too short. There was a whisper of him possibly moving up here with his work, so we'll see what transpires...

I did manage to get some crafting done ~ I made a spa kit for my "new mommy" next door. If you've never seen my spa kits, they're really lots of fun. I take the 4-pack from Starbuck's Frappuccino (vanilla, mocha, peppermint mocha) after they're emptied, clean them up really well, then fill the bottles with bath time yummies ~~ one bottle holds Hershey's kisses in a few different flavors, one bottle contains bath salts, and the other 2 bottles hold foaming bath beads by Vaseline or Calgon. I then make some pretty covers for the lids, and laminate some of the fabulous papers that I've collected to wrap around the outsides of the boxes. I finish with some coordinating labels on the bottles, and VOILA! Instant giftie that has been getting rave reviews since I started making them last winter. Here, take a peek & lemme know whacha think...


Thanks for looking! Now I'm off to complete some siggy tags for a challenge & some recipe cards for a Christmas cookie/candy swap that are happening over at PC Crafter. I have a very dear friend with a birthday in the next week, I'm getting ready to host another swap of my own, AND I'm working on a "Bosses Day" order for some of the gals at school that has to deliver by the 15th (no school here Thursday & Friday for UEA). Lots to do, lots to do! I promise that I'll share pix just as soon as they're done.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

charlene said...

Hey Miss Nora, I love your little spa kits. They are really nice. I am glad you are back and thanks for the Autumn Test.

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors