I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

27 December 2008

Coloring...

...with my new Copic markers! I started collecting them about 3-4 wks ago & I'm now up to 30 of these beauties.

There are 322 colors in the "sketch" line, like the ones I'm using, so there are PLENTY of colors to choose from. I have outgrown this little tin already though...pity. *sigh* It's a cute tin.

I used my HugBug Deluxe Browser from PC Crafter and found all of the files that I had available with linework (black/white files) in them. I wish they still made these type files, but you can only find them on the creatables released prior to 2006 (just dig around the site, you'll find them). I printed anywhere from 4-8 images per page on my HP OfficeJet Pro printer, then sat down and started coloring. I'm very impressed with how easy they are to use. I LOVE the colorless blender pen!! I do think my 80lb cardstock may not be good enough for this technique, though, because I've noticed some bleeding in spots. Anyway, here's what I've been doing:




This one below is from Trina Clark. I used a combination of the Copics and the "Gamsol" technique (odorless mineral spirits and colored pencils). Turned out really cute, I think. Face, hair, and outer shadow is Copic marker; bonnet, binky, jumper is OMS technique.


Now THIS one (below) was done a couple of weeks ago entirely in the OMS technique. (Graphic from Trina Clark.)

Now, if I could find a sweet way to cut out around them to make them presentable for cards....Oh, Honey!!! I think I NEED to get some spellbiners for my Cuttlebug! *ROFL* I'd also like to increase my collection of linework...maybe some Squigglefly pieces should be next...

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of your day!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

These are all so cute. Your coloring is great! You've gotten very good with the copics in such a short time. They are addicting to use aren't they?
Squigglefly has some really cute new designs available too; some perfect for Valentine's Day!

Andrea said...

I love my copics too LOL ...a darn shame about that cute tin - maybe you could repurpose it for some choccies ;)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

They're all just darling, Sis! Great job! 'course I always knew you were good at coloring inside the lines......LOL!

Have fun playing some more.........see how creative you are when the boys are being naughty (even the biggest boy of them all)! LOL And I think Andrea has a perfect idea for the tin..........everything goes good with chocolate!

Luv ya!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors