I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

19 February 2009

My very first challenge!

Holy cow, did I pick a tough one for my first ever challenge, or what?!? The gals over at the new blog Copics Colour Challenge gave us THREE colors to work with: B28 (royal blue), YR07 (cadmium orange), & V06 (lavendar). I didn't have the exact colors, but I came pretty doggone close. Here's what I ended up with:It's called "Didja ever have one of THOSE days?" I named it that, because last week when I first pondered taking on this challenge, I was having one of THOSE WEEKS! *LOL* I mounted this on a 5x7 black pre-made base; some orange/purple diagonal stripe paper; used my Fiskars "raindrops" texture plate on a smoke blue cardstock; a Glaze pen to highlight the raindrops; black glitter "thickers"; Lineart from PC Crafter (Marie Cole's "Fontmania"); chalks for the sky & Copics for subject and the puddle;largest of the classic oval Nestabilities to cut out image. Here are the colors I used:Tomorrow's post (hopefully) ~ my challenge for The Cuttlebug Spot. '"B" is for Bling' ~ stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

6 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Congrats on your first challenge Nora! What a lovely card. Thank you for joining us on OUR first challenge!! Good luck Paula

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on doing your first challenge and thank you for choosing the copics colour challenge for your debut.
Your card is fantastic, I know exactly how it is to feel like that, lol
Shell (Copic colour challenge team)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow Sis! I think you did great.........no one would believe that this is your first challenge....'course I knew you'd "rock it"......and to think you once said you weren't a cardmaker.......pshaw.........

Your coloring job is fantastic & I love the raindrops. Well shoot.....I just love it all! LOL

Lovies & Snugglies from your biggest fan........

Paula said...

Love your card Nora. I think it is just as cute as can be....Congrats on your very first challenge.

Deb M. said...

Fabulous card, Nora!! Love it, love it, love it!! :-) Great job with your coloring. I haven't heard of that blog...will have to check it out.

TFS....hugs,

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE! I'm always using that phrase!! :) This is darling!! Love the purple!! TFS!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors