I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

11 March 2009

Here are those little roses

that I told you about yesterday. I really wanted the ones I've been seeing on craft blogs. The posters were all saying "Prima" but I've been direct to Prima & cannot find them anywhere. Well, the other day, I just happened to be in BigLots! poking around and found myself on their crafting aisle. Normally, I hit the store for my snaps that I use on my journals, but something caught my eye and made me wonder, "would THIS work for what I'm wanting?"
$1.00 per package! Can you believe it?!? This is a sticker, made to stick on packages or gift bags. I wondered if I could peel them off the backing...

These are off of two of the stickers (I bought 3 & need to go get more!)...just carefully peel them off the heart-shaped paper backing (they're hot-glued on) and brush the dried baby's breath off of them.

Here's what they look like up close...

And I put some next to a nickel so you could get an idea of their real size. The two colored ones are done with Ranger Distressed ink (the pink one) and Stampin Up craft ink spot (So Saffron & Eggplant) and the color was painted on with a Tsukineko Fantastix in the brush tip. Now you know why I scattered them all over that card I mailed out yesterday! I LOVE these little roses & maybe if you have a BigLots near you, you'll be able to find some and have some in your crafting stash!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!!

3 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Well shoot Sis..........I've been to THREE Big Lots.......yes.....I said '3'.......and no cute little flowers......sigh. But I'm sure they'll get them in 'eventually' like they did the magnetic closures (took weeks & weeks).

But they sure are cute & I'm glad that you have them. But I've got enough flowers to play with in the meantime.

Luv ya & waiting to hear how your test went.

~Huggies~

Andrea said...

Aha! No such store up here in Canada but damn those are cute.

BlueRose said...

Hey Sistah:

I see you have been busy these days. I love those little flowers I'm going to have to check out the one by my house......

Say I have an award for you at my blog for you to pick up!!!!!!

Huge Hugs

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors