I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

27 November 2009

The Day After...

Well, yesterday wasn't too stressful - I only made FOUR cards! *LOL* The weather was fairly decent, if a bit cool, so while I held KP duty, the youngest hid in his room with his Nintendo DS, the two older boys went out exploring the neighborhood on their skateboard & bicycle, and the OLDEST boy went riding around town with a buddy "to keep the bikes charged up a bit" (yeah, right!).

There's enough turkey left to make some turkey salad sammies on hot rolls later, ham that we enjoyed for breakfast with our eggs & still have some for supper tonight...green bean casserole was obliterated, stuffing's gone, mashed potatoes disappeared so fast the bowl stayed clean, and there's half of a gingerbread and sweet tater pie left. My healthy eaters didn't disappoint! *LOL*

Today, since there's nothing to enjoy on the telly, I don't DO Black Friday, and the guys all seem content doing their own thing around the house, I'll be making more Christmas cards. I had so much fun putting these together last night. What do you think?

I wanted some NON red/green cards - that color combo is too hard on the eyes anyway! *wink* This first one uses some script paper that I picked up at Michaels last summer, a bit of red bohemian paper that came from Sharron, and my newest set from The Angel Company called "Vintage Santa." I just LOVE this set! I stamped in ladybug red on cream card stock, cut out the image with my deckle scissors, then antiqued with different brown inks till I got the look I was after.

I LOVE this version...very grungy! I had some washed red paper from Prima, used my Vintage Santa on cream card stock again with Rich Cocoa ink, some tan Scrapper's Floss to tie around the front, deckle scissors to cut Santa out, brown inks to antique, then pop dots to raise the image.
Here's Santa up close...doesn't he remind you of the old Coca-Cola ads we had as kids? He's fast become one of my favorite TAC stamps because it doesn't take much work to make him fabulous.

This one could qualify for my Sunday K.I.S.S. post! It's not red/green either...it's burgundy & olive! *ROFL* I used ONE sheet from a Christmas mat pad by K& Co, covered an A2 card base with the main color, then flipped the scrap pieces over & made the "ribbon" trim. Finished the look with some country buttons & tan Scrapper's Floss on pop dots. Looks like a Christmas package!

Now this one will appeal to a lot of vintage lovers out there, I think. I used some brown marble paper out of that pack I got at Michael's last year, a piece of blue script paper from DCWV's winter mat stack, blue card stock made the snowflake & branches (glittered with silver & clear from MS), the girl is colored with COPIC marker (face) and Ranger Distress Inks with a watercolor brush (weathered wood, faded jeans, fire brick red, vintage photo). I used my Heidi Swapp distressing tool on the edges of the card stock, then swiped Weathered Wood ink over the background & Vintage Photo around the edges. When I mounted it, I left the corners to curl up just a bit on their own. Stamp is from Hearts In Touch (#108 Christmas) ~ thanks Frances!

Well, my goal is to make 4-10 cards every day till the 15th of December...that should get me my supply for this year's Christmas mailing list. Which means that I need to work on cards today! *LOL* Hope you enjoyed looking at these as much as I enjoyed making them!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!

1 comment:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love your cards, Sis! 'course you already know which one is my fav............yup..........you got it...........the vintage little cutie on the bottom. Just darling & great job on your coloring. Love it!
Wowsers, Sis.........4-10 cards a day? Well.......I know you can do it..........it would kill lesser women (like me).......but I know you'll do it. LOL Can't wait to see what's next!
Luv ya ~
Sharron ♥

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors