I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

26 November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, kiddos, I've got my she-cave lined out in crafts waiting for the moment that I start to feel caged in by these four rowdy males. *LOL* I'm getting ready to put a large smoked spiral cut half-ham, a whole turkey breast into the oven for a bit and when those are "resting," I'll make a green bean casserole, sweet tater pie, mashed potatoes, a big green leafy salad, cranberries, and some stuffing. There's only five of us, but with the way these guys eat (ESPECIALLY the 13 & 14 year olds!), I'll be surprised if there are any leftovers for tomorrow! *LOL* We'll have football and old movies going on the telly all day, while they spend time sprawled in the living room floor playing games like Operation, Battle Ship, Skip-Bo, Cribbage, Connect Four, and Heaven knows what else they'll drag out of the closet!

I hope that if you're celebrating this Thanksgiving holiday, you take just a second to remember WHY we're honoring this day ~~ the people escaping from the Political and Religious persecutions of their home countries...traveling pilgrims that adventured across the ocean in search of a new home....a home where everyone could do what they want, SAY what they want, PRAY how they want and the government would not interfere in their lives. Remember, too, the Native Americans that were wary of these pale strangers but opened their hearts and homes to them anyway and brought them food from their gardens and freshly caught wild game so they would survive the cold, hard winter that was to come. If it weren't for these daring people, we wouldn't be here today.

A toast {raising a mug of Pumpkin Spice latte} ~~ may your Thanksgiving be blessed with love, laughter, family, & friends today. May you celebrate Thanksgiving in your hearts EVERY DAY!! God bless!

Image courtesy of The Graphics Fairy

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!


1 comment:

Milnie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Nora!

Hugs,

Mélanie

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors