I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

29 November 2009

Quick K.I.S.S.

Happy Sunday! I'm feeling pretty good - Colts won AGAIN (11-0 - gotta love 'em!). I hope that youre Thanksgiving weekend has been a good one. Did you get out for the Black Friday deals? I didn't! *LOL* Haven't done it for a couple of years now...the last time I did was a very memorable (& slightly painful) experience. I won't bore you with what happened, but because of that Friday, two years ago, I've learned to buy through the summer & try to be done by October. It makes it nice to enjoy the Holiday Season. This entire year the economy has kept it very lean around here, so there hasn't been much shopping on my end ~ we're content to have a roof over our heads, food for our tummies, warm beds to sleep in each night, and each other. Keeping life simple was one of the main inspirations for K.I.S.S. & I hope you enjoy today's offering.

I used a pre-made A2 base; some red card stock (be mindful of your reds because they're tricky - you can't just put them together because some have a bit of a blue undertone, like the one I used here - you can lay them together & really see a difference); a clear Glaze pen by Sakura; a scrap piece of blue script paper from DCWV; a piece of lace (I get most of mine at JoAnn's by the yard); my oval punch from EK Success; ladybug red Memento Ink by Tsukeniko; & my Inkadinkado stamp (the smallest cardinal from the clear set "winter birds"). I stamped the image onto white card stock with the ladybug red ink, used a clear Glaze pen by Sakura to give an embossed look to all of the red areas, then raised it above the lace with some pop dots. Just a few steps for a very nice looking "non-traditional" Christmas card.

I really like the details that Inkadinkado puts into even their smallest stamps.
I'll have more cards to share throughout the week. Hope you can stand to see a few more Christmas cards, because that's the mode I'm in for the next couple of weeks! *LOL*

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ooooh I love that!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors