I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

22 November 2009

Time for a BIG K.I.S.S.!

Well, friends, it's COLD COLD COLD here today (started snowing about an hour and a half ago) and so my mojo to empty the rest of my boxes from our move just withered up & blew away in the frigid north winds. I ended up redecorating the blog here, loading up my Playlist with Christmas tunes, then playing with some stamps, ribbons, and digital images that I printed off ages ago. Came up with a nice selection of cards for today's K.I.S.S. post. Guess we're overdue, since I haven't done any of these for ya in a couple of weeks.

These first two were SUPER SIMPLE. I trimmed them out (these 2 images & 3 borders that you'll see later were already printed & sitting on a full sheet label in a file cabinet), peeled off the backing & stuck 'em down. Doesn't get any easier than that! *LOL*
These are two 4.5"x6.5" wheat colored cards by K&Co - they really made the country colors jump out beautifully. On the one above, I used some Distress Stickles in "antique linen" on the corner stars & some burgundy Stickles on the jar lids. I'd provide a link for this set of images, but Theresa Kogut's work is no longer available through PC Crafter...I think I bought them about a month before her contract with them ended, 2 years ago.

For this one, I used a pre-made A2 base, some soft blue dotted satin ribbon by American Crafts, a pair of deckle-edge scissors, a stamp from Inkadinkado, my Xyron 510, Tsukeniko ink in "sea breeze," & Martha Stewart's clear (fine & coarse) and carrara glitters.
I ran the stamped image face down through the Xyron to get a nice even coat of "sticky" then sprinkled the glitters on. YUMMY!Just look at that thparkle! Feels positively FROSTY!This little gingerbread man is another darling stamp from Inkadinkado (gotta LOVE the $1 bin at JoAnn's!). I used "rich cocoa" ink by Tsukeniko, a pre-made Kraft card base, some more of those cool glitters from MS, my Xyron, and some wired country ribbon that I've had forever (like back when I started making my candle jars).Doesn't he look delicious?!?This is one of those borders that I printed on that full label sheet. I cut it in half & trimmed as close to the image as I could (top n bottom) - I had just enough to do a double border. Then I cut a strip of red paper about 1.5" wide and stamped the sentiment from The Angel Company's "Vintage Santa" in white. I have to apologize, I can't find any links for these sets...I'm wondering if they were part of my monthly HugClub membership...Here's the second border from PC Crafter, done the same way as the peppermint. The sentiment from TAC is done in burgundy. Here's the final PC Crafter printed border, mounted onto a wheat color pre-made card from K&Co, with the sentiment stamped in Tsukeniko's "lady bug red."This last one is the "hardest" of my K.I.S.S. cards today. I used a snowflake from one of the "Purchase with Purchase" sets, called "Swirly Seasons," and stamped it in lady bug red all over a 5x7 pre-made base. I had a bit of spare "Swiss Dots" Cuttlebug-embossed cardstock that I mounted onto some red paper, trimmed it to match with my "ripple" scissors, then stamped this swirly cardinal from Inkadinkado in lady bug red ink, and "sugared" the image with my Xyron & MS glitters.
It was still very simple to do & the result was STUNNING! I'm REALLY happy with how it turned out. I hope these give you some inspiration to whip up some lovely, elegant cards for family and friends....FAST (and SIMPLE, of course!).

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

2 comments:

Hugz~Dixie said...

You have been very busy. Wonderful cards but I love the Happy Holiday and the red bird card. I use my Xyron for glitter and faux snow. It is so much easier than glue.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! So many creations you've done here Nora!! Wanted to take the time to stop by and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you have fun and be safe!! HUGS

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors