I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

08 November 2009

Keepin It Simple Sunday

Ya know why I came up with Keepin It Simple Sunday? I wanted you to be pressure-free when it comes to making cards. We ALL see those cards when surfing around in Blogland - loads of flowers, glitter, ribbons, charms, artwork...and we love them. We love to make them. This is just a nice way to satisfy your need to create without feeling like you have to go over the top ALL of the time. I know you feel that way, because I do sometimes, too.

Today, I managed to make three cards in less than half an hour. They have a masculine feel (well, two of them do, anyway!) and those are sometimes the hardest to make, so the K.I.S.S. rule can come in rather handy.


This first one is on a pre-made base from K&Co in wheat. I took a scrap piece of travel-themed paper that I had used in the past when altering composition books & stuck it down (the little gold tag is printed in the paper). I took a tag from the same paper pack, put a khaki colored brad in the top, wrote the sentiment with a brown Gelly Roll pen, and...done!

On card #2, I used an A2 kraft card base, some K&Co paper scrap, brown Prima flower, tan Scrapper's Floss from The Angel Company, and a button & ribbon from Vicki. Easy and ready for any occasion.

Finally for card three I used a brown pre-made A2 card base, some more of that gorgeous ribbon & a MONGO ivory brad from Vicki...REALLY couldn't be simpler! I hope that my weekly K.I.S.S. helps inspire you to de-clutter your mind and remember that sometimes, simple can be best.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!


No comments:

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors