I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

15 November 2009

No K.I.S.S. tonight, but I still have cards...

I hope that's okay with y'all. I'm still a bit under the weather from this sinus infection this week and I must confess that I've spent most of today getting my 2nd blog lined up and live - you'll see the link for it over here on the right. I broke for a bit to have supper (went all day on a bagel and 2 handfulls of trail mix - not good) and I watched a bit of Doctor Who (CANNOT resist the yummy David Tennant - I think if they announced that he was just going to sit on a stool & read the phone book, I'd tune in & stay with it till he was finished!). I also planned to get together a K.I.S.S. post and call it a night. Instead, I ended up getting sucked into the Patriots/Colts game with my oldest son for a while, bathing & tucking in my youngest, then sitting in utter silence for the last 10 minutes because ALL of the males in my house decided to go to bed before 9pm & I had to wait for the shock to wear off. *LOL*

Instead of unpacking the rest of my she-cave, hubby wanted me to take it easy, so I managed to get seven cards made yesterday that I'd like to share with you now. These first two cards were made for Kerry's challenge #39 over at Three Clovers Designs. She wanted us to do birds or bugs, so I did one of each:

This one was made using a stamp from Seeds of Blessings by The Angel Company. I used a pre-made base, a 4x6 paper from Making Memories called Gypsy, a bit of striped cardstock from Making Memories that coordinated nicely. The corners of the ATC were done with SU!'s ticket corner punch, I colored the image with COPIC markers, then chalked the entire ATC.

It looks really pretty up close & personal. This next one was super easy to do, because the only thing that really required color was the branch and the pinecone. Image is from stamp sheet #104 "Birds" by Hearts In Touch. I used some of my designer impostor Flower Soft that Holly taught us how to make for the snow, a corner shaper from EK Success, & chalked the background, then mounted it onto an A2 kraft base. Okay, now that I'm looking at it, it COULD qualify for today's K.I.S.S. post, because it was the simplest to put together out of the seven! *LOL*
The rest of these, I just went ahead and made up, because on Friday night I had stamped up several images onto ATCs and colored them while I watched the telly with my boys. I don't always enjoy watching what they watch, but I do like to be in the same room with them, so coloring with my COPIC markers gives me that flexibility of crafting without having to be in my she-cave.This lil piggy couldn't go to market because his "honey-do" list said to rake the yard! *LOL* Image is from "Pick of the Patch" by The Angel Company, paper is from The Autumn Stack by DCWV, leaves are buttons from Jesse James "Dress It Up" line. I colored him with my COPICs, drew in the horizon line, then chalked the sky & the ground.

This one was my first attempt at scoring on my new scoring board by Martha Stewart Crafts (aka EK Success). Had to cover a little boo-boo with flowers, so it finished out nicely. Image is from "Pick of the Patch" by The Angel Company. Colored "Squeakers" with my COPIC markers & chalked the background. Flowers are from Prima.

This darling little snowman is from last month's TAC Vintage set "Fall & Winter Whimsy." He's just darling & so easy to color. I drew in the snow around him - couldn't have him floating on the ATC. The paper that just HAPPENED to match so nicely comes from DCWV's Christmas Stack from last year. Snowflakes are punched from EK Success.

This is my first EVER peek-a-boo card (I guess that's what they're called - maybe some call them window cards). I used some cardstock from DCWV's Garden Party mat stack, mounted onto a pre-made white A2, punched a 2" scalloped circle with my EK Success Paper Shapers, found this darling trim in my ribbon box, & put this little duck from TAC's "Pick of the Patch" inside. I wrote above the card "I think that you are the." I drew in the horizon line, colored him with my COPICs, & chalked the ground and sky.
And finally, my elegant card of the day. I used a pre-made base, some lovely dark brown/bronze-y metallic paper that I picked up ages ago at Michaels, a stray bit of dark gold sheer ribbon, some metallic fabric flowers from Prima, an antique metallic-toned button, dark brown glitter glue from Studio G, & two clear Dew Drops. The image, from Inkadinkado, was stamped in Tsukeniko Rich Cocoa onto an ATC card, then I sponged several Ranger Distress inks around & washed them together with a sponge for a softer look. Then I took my buttermilk Spica glitter pen from COPIC & went over the image and the sentiment.

Even from another angle, it's difficult to see all the shimmer, but when this baby hits the lights...WOW!Well, that's it for me today. I'm gonna do a quick dork dance, because the Indianapolis Colts REMAIN UNDEFEATED as of 10 minutes ago - Peyton pulled them together & overcame a 10 point deficit in the last quarter to win the game 35-34! WooHoo!!!! I sure hope they can keep it together for another Super Bowl bid this year! Now I have JUST enough time to catch the last 45 minutes of a re-run on BBC America with "The Doctah!" There was a whiff of a rumor that yummy Mr. Tennant was taping a pilot here in the U.S. & if it airs, if it's successful, then look out - I'll have a whole new series of reasons to gush about my "Hot Scot!" *ROFL*

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are some really stunning cards and you've been soooo busy!! TFS these with us!! HUGS

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wowsers Sis! 7 cards! Love each & every one of them to pieces! Great job on all!
Huggies & Lovies ~
Sharron

Hugz~Dixie said...

OMG loooove them. Very cute GF.

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors