I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

21 May 2010

Did ya guess?

This was your visual "hint" yesterday...did you figure out what I've been up to? {I know you did, Sharron! *LOL*} If you did, then your prize is a great big Dating Game Kiss! Or if you prefer a good old-fashioned cyber-hug! *ROFL*

No? Well, I'm pretty sure that most of you don't know that before I made cards or altered composition books, I enjoyed tole painting. I really got into painting on fabric when my kids were younger - I don't think they ever left the house when they weren't wearing a t-shirt or sweatshirt that had Batman & Robin, Bugs Bunny, The Green Lantern, or something I'd taken from a coloring book! This project was more grown up...

It's a vest! I bought a bunch of these from a Utah craft store (Zim's) that went out of business a while back. In typical hoarder, um, I mean CRAFTER fashion, I always figured that I'd end up using them for something, just not sure what. Well, over time, I've fused different holiday appliques to them, done some pen and ink drawings, and now I can add tole painting to that list. These darling buggies are from Annie Lang ~ her little critters are always so whimsical! I have quite a few of her tole painting books, but luckily for y'all she's online now & you can download her books and packets...gotta love that instant gratification feature! *LOL*
Don't they just make you smile?
I just LOVE these lil ladybugs!
It's relatively easy to do, especially if you have loads of acrylic paints & Delta's Fabric Medium to mix in, or in this instance, some DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paints. I've done both methods and they wash/wear beautifully and last for a good long time without fading.

I hope you enjoyed my little departure from making cards. Now, I'm off to play with these....
Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

2 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

You did a great job on your vest, Sis! You are quite talented.

Love those yummy ribbons too! Love the pretty soft colors.

Huggies ~ Sharron♥

Hugz~Dixie said...

You did a wonderful job on your vest. It just toooooo cute!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors