I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

16 May 2010

K.I.S.S.

Happy Sunday! I hope you're having a lovely day. The sun is shining, we've transplanted some veg into peat pots & played with the neighbor's new baby chicks. While the boys are at the park with Aidan, I figured I'd make a couple of cards to share with you today. My goal was to get at least two cards out of an 8x8 sheet of cardstock. I really like this textured paper by DCWV, called coral brocade...it's not really orange-y, but more of a grungy, peachy-pink with rusty tones in it. Kinda reminds me of a wallpaper that you'd find in a beach-side bed and breakfast.

For this first one, I used the next to largest square Nestie & cut out a deep coral from DCWV's Spring Mat Stack, then inked the edges with cream & jumbo java chalk inks. I also had a square paper doily that was 8x8...I quartered it, cut the center ground out & misted it with Mix 5 from yesterday's glimmer mist project. I also misted the round tag from MS with the same spray. Now I can stamp on the medallion when I know what I'll use the card for, or just leave it blank.

This one uses a heart doily from the same pack as the square one (I think I got them in the decoupage section of Michael's). I used wheat & pink chalk inks to tone down the bright white & some of the satin ribbon from my first dying experiment.

I'm not sure which one I like best...they both turned out nice. I've got another project to share with you this week, so I hope you come back by. Have a great rest of your day!!

No comments:

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors