I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

20 May 2010

We'll always have Paris...

*sigh* Bogart & Bergman...I just LOVE the classics! Don't you? I was playing around with my newly made vintage seam binding this morning, uncovered a little digital stamp button and a photo of the Eiffel Tower in my pile of "clippings" and it hit me....I had to make this:I used papers from My Mind's Eye; the dress pattern from Little Birdie Secrets & my sunflower decorative edge scissors (the sleeves and the bottom scallops); my yummy new ribbon colored with my homemade glimmer spray in Mix #3; distressed the edges of the photo & inked them with Ranger Distress in Vintage Photo; some homemade pearl glimmer spray on the butterfly; COPICs to color the digital stamp (E04, E50, & BG10); two crocheted flowers from friends; half pearls; Ranger's Liquid Pearls around the neckline. For the ribbon, I just did a double row of 1/4" tacky tape, slightly layered over each other (NOT butted), then scrunched the ribbon as I laid it down. I made sure to leave some on the ends to wrap underneath - it's not bulky at all!I love my little crocheted flowers...I need to use them more instead of just admiring & putting them back into the jar! *LOL* When I finished with the project, I wasn't really thinking about Ingrid Bergman, although that famous line from 'Casablanca' was stuck in my noggin. I actually pictured...{bowing} Your Majesty....
Ingrid probably would have done better in a navy wool or black/gray tweed ensemble, I think.

Whaddya think? These two papers & some more of my pretty ribbons for the next KISS? These are DCWV papers & two 1-yd pieces of ribbon that I dyed the other day, using mixes #1 & #5. Mandy was right in her video on how to make this vintage ribbon....it just wrinkles so beautifully and looks perfectly aged. I just got some COPIC various ink refills in the mail today...think I may dye up some more ribbon this weekend...This is a sneak peek of tomorrow's post...any ideas on what it might be? Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

1 comment:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

I know ~ I know (she said while waving her arms ever so wildly)......I know what the sneak peek is but I won't spoil the surprise. teeheehee

Love your vintage ribbons & your sweet, sweet card, Sis! Love, love, love it!

Huggies & Lovies ~
Sharron ♥♥♥

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors