I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

27 January 2010

An altered book to share

I've been storing this little gem of a book for a while now. Had it about half done and today, while going through some boxes, I found it & decided to finish it out. It's 3.5 inches square, so it's tiny. I picked it up at the DI (Deseret Industries), which is a Utah thrift store, for about 25¢. It's totally BLANK inside and it's a hardcover (the cover was UGLY), so when I found it I thought, "Yeah, I can probably do something with it."

Here's what the front looks like now. I used some plain cardstock on the spine of the book, some blue patterned paper from a pad I picked up a Wal-Mart, my swirly stamps from Inkadinkado, an initial stamp from Studio G, and the little hummingbird is coming out in the new issue of Serendipity Street as part of a Level A hostess set called "Swirled Spring Life."

It was too bright so I grunged it up with Ranger Distress inks in Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, & Vintage Photo. I even stamped some on the back.
I used my buttermilk Atyou Spica pen on the outline of the bird & my initial for some sparkle.
And finished off the inside with some distressed dotted paper from K&Co. The corners are punched with a Fiskars 3-corner punch called "heritage."
Since it's blank inside, I think I'll keep it here on my work desk to write card recipes in...it's tiny so I'll set it up here on my COPIC marker cubby & it'll be handy all the time!

Tomorrow, I should have a vintage Valentine card ready for ya to peek at. Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Deb M. said...

Beautiful! Love the colors & stamps you used. Great work! TFS!! :-)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a cute little book, Sis! What a great find too. I love it when that happens & then it all comes together to make a totally cute & usable treasure.
Huggies & Lovies ~
Sharron ♥

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors