I'll allow "pinning" as long as you pull up the post & pin from it for a direct link for others. :-)

28 January 2010

Vintage? Yes. Valentine? Ummmmm....

Well, it WAS going to be a vintage Valentine. At least, that's the direction I started off in. I even had some color inspiration to play with - soft pink, soft blue, white, & silver - courtesy of the Colour Create Challenge Blog.

Somehow, it took a turn at a fork in the road that I don't remember, then another turn yet, meandered through a lovely little village and became this...
It still has that pink, blue, white, and silver FEEL to it, only it's really not white, but more CREAM, and the "soft" of the pink and blue has turned out to be more "dusty." It DEFINITELY has that vintage, shabby chic flavor though. Oh and it has dimension...
LOADS of dimension. Something I'm not normally very good at. I've used 1/2 pearls, Ranger Distress Inks (tattered rose, faded jeans, & antique linen), button brads, rhinestone brads, 2 different MS branch punches, Prima flowers (roses, fabric, sweet peas, sugar-coated), some little posy-style flowers that I punched and stacked...speaking of "punched and stacked"...
See that pink flower there? That's my very first layered flower that I built all by myself! *LOL* I used my Cuttlebug flower dies & cut it out of the same stamped pink cardstock that I used to cut out the butterfly. The stamp is from a Level A hostess set called "Build a Background" from The Angel Company & I stamped it onto the pink cardstock with Versamark ink. After it was dry, I used my butterfly & flower dies from ProvoCraft, then inked 'em up with Ranger Inks. I also ran the butterfly through the Cuttlebug with my new "flourish" Impressabilities.
Didn't really end up where I expected to, but hey! The journey was a blast & I'm pretty happy with where I landed. Hope you like it, too!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great rest of your day!

4 comments:

charlene said...

Hey Nora this is one pretty card ! I love it and am really liking the distress inks....may have to give them a try sometime. Beautifully done.
Hugs

Andrea said...

That is stunning! It may not be the direction you originally headed towards during your creative journey, but the destination is lovely! Well done gf.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Great job, Sis! I'm luvin' all that dimension! Very nicely done....lovely....just lovely. Love the pink flower you made yourself. Very pretty!
All in all....I'd say you've done yourself proud!!!
Huggies & Lovies ~
Sharron ♥

Deb M. said...

Love this card! Beautiful work on the flowers. TFS!!

E-mail me!

E-mail me!
If you have any questions or comments, just click the picture.

Thank you, Jaime, for my "gorjuss" sigtag!!

Photobucket

My 2nd blog

My 2nd blog
Challenges, Sketches, & Blog Hops Galore!!

Recent Visitors